Davie County Parks & Recreation Facilities
The Mocksville/Davie Parks & Recreation Department provides a comprehensive recreation program for all ages throughout Davie County. The department offers many athletic programs for children and adults. There are also a wide variety of classes, special events and camps.
The Davie Park & Rec coordinates the Davie County Senior Games, Special Olympics Davie and Davie Youth Council. Some of the special events are the July 4th Celebration at Rich Park. The Daddy/ Daughter Dance, The Easter Egg Hunt, Big Sweep, South Yadkin Canoe Race, Summer Horse Camp and a Senior Walking program.
Call Mocksville/Davie Parks & Recreation Dept. at 751-2325 for information on these facilities in the county.
- Mocksville/Davie Parks & Recreation Center - North Main St - The Brock Gym
- Rich Park - Cemetery Street
- South Davie Tennis Courts - corner of South Davie Drive & Jericho Church Road
- Clement Grove Masonic Picnic Grounds - Poplar Street
- RiverPark at Cooleemee Falls "The Bullhole" - off Needmore Road
- Fork Recreation Center - Hwy 64 E
- Farmington Community Center - Farmington Road - 998-0825 www.farmingtoncc.org
- Center Recreation - Hwy 64 W at I-40 Contact Peggy Evans - 751-3169
Additional Recreational Facilities in Davie County Include
- Cooleemee Recreation Center - Contact the Town of Cooleemee - 284-2141
- Davie Academy Recreation - Davie Academy Road - Margaret Shew - 492-7111
- Davie Youth Complex/Davie Little League - 599 Farmington Road - Dwayne Cookson - 998-3255
- Jericho-Hardison Ruritan Recreation Center - corner of Greenhill Rd & County Home Rd- Lois Green - 492-7180
- Sheffield-Calahaln Recreation Center - Sheffield Road - Larry Dyson - 492-5712
- Smith Grove Community Center - Hwy 158 - Bill Martin - 655-1452
The Davie Family YMCA - "Helping people reach their God-given potential in spirit, mind, and body." Join the YMCA and find a unique service that fits your family's lifestyle - Parent's Night Out, Wellness Screening, Youth Lock-In or the Sunshine Club. The YMCA brings many things to many people. Some of their events and programs include racquetball, basketball, yoga, pilates, Summer Day Camp, cycling classes, aerobics, kickboxing, personal training, walking, family nights, soccer, karate, teen after school programs, teen camp, preschool gym & swim, home school gym & swim, teen nights, triathlon club, 12-week Challenge Wellness Programs, youth sports, nursery, before-and after-school child care, senior programs, water exercise, swim team and lessons. The YMCA is also a pick-up and drop-off center for Operation Christmas Child. Call the YMCA at (336)751-9622 for more information.
Davie County Senior Services - Are you a senior adult interested in enhancing your life? Senior Services wants to involve you! It is the mission of the Davie County Senior Services to provide seniors with accessible services and opportunities for fellowship, fun and learning through activities and programs that enrich lives. A variety of programs are offered, including opportunities to socialize with peers, maintain good health, continue life-long learning, and give back to the community. Many services are also offered to homebound seniors to help maintain quality of life. Call (336)753-6230 for more information.
The RiverPark at Cooleemee Falls "known as the Bullhole" is located on the South Yadkin River in Rowan and Davie Counties off Highway 801 South in Cooleemee. This is a beautiful outdoor nature park. The facility has many trails, picnic areas, a large picnic shelter with bathrooms, canoe access and portage area. Enjoy many of your favorite outdoor activities in one of the most beautiful sites in Rowan and Davie County. Shelter rentals can be made by calling the Mocksville/Davie Parks and Rec Dept at (336)751-2325.